Search Box

Sunday 10 May 2009

Evra relishes city rivalry

Rata PenuhHe isn't Mancunian, but Patrice Evra knows the importance of derby day and is determined to play his part in victory on Sunday.

The Reds can move to within four points of a third successive title with a win at Old Trafford, and it would be even sweeter doing it with a double over City, after Wayne Rooney secured three points at Eastlands in November.

"There's an extra edge to these games," he tells United Review. "Even those of us not from Manchester can understand what it means. We’re aware of the rivalry and what it means to supporters.

"City raise their game against us so they’re always difficult games. I made my debut against them in the derby and, if I’m honest, it was a bad moment for me. But I learnt a lot about the derby and how bad it felt to lose. It’s all about getting the three points and getting closer to the title."

No comments:

Post a Comment