Search Box

Thursday 14 May 2009

Carrick eyes perfect end

"I think three of my goals this season have been scored with my left foot.

"I was just concentrating on hitting the target and once I saw it was going in, I was off to celebrate it. I nearly broke Wazza’s neck with the celebration but he’s all right now."


- Michael Carrick

Michael Carrick's first away goal for United means the Reds are more likely to win the title at home this Saturday.

The midfielder's stunning 86th-minute strike at the JJB Stadium turned a battling draw with Wigan into a hard-fought victory and reduced the league points required in the remaining two games - at home to Arsenal, then Hull away - to just one.

"It was a massive three points for us tonight," Carrick told MUTV.

"Obviously it now looks good for us. I think it's only been done once before, winning the title at home, so it would be great if we can do it again. But we’re not getting carried away, we’ve got to respect Arsenal for how good they are. We know we’ve still got a job to do."

It was job done at Wigan thanks to two Carrick shots - one turned in by Carlos Tevez and the other that flew direct past Wigan goalkeeper Richard Kingson into the top left-hand corner.

"it was an up and down night in front of goal for me but we won the game and I’m delighted with that," said Carrick.

"My goal made up for the chance I missed in the first half really. I was just concentrating on hitting the target and once I saw it was

No comments:

Post a Comment